Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 5: Out to dinner


Breakfast

The meal:  Eggo Nutrigrain blueberry waffles with a drizzle of real maple syrup, pineapple

What they ate:
Big R ate two waffles and about ¾ cup of pineapple.

Little A ate ¾ of a waffle and about ¼ cup of pineapple.

My notes: Normally I’d offer yogurt too but we’re out…the snowstorm prevented me from getting out to the store!  Little A was asking for it and cried when I told him I didn’t have any.  Frozen waffles are not my first choice for breakfast, but I don’t mind putting them in the mix every once in a while.

Lunch

The meal:  Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, clementines, water

What they ate:
Big R ate the 2/3 of a sandwich I served him minus a few smidges of crust, 2 clementines, and water

Little A ate bits and pieces of the sandwich I served him, a chopped up clementine, and water.

My notes:  Another typical lunch!

Dinner

The meal:  Out to dinner at Cosi.  Flatbread pizza (BBQ chicken and Margherita), water to drink, tableside s’mores for dessert (oh, yum!)

What they ate:
Big R ate one slice of pizza and two s’mores, plus he drank a ton of water.

Little A may or may not have eaten a single glob of cheese from a piece of pizza, and a half s’more.  He was a bit out of sorts, having not taken an afternoon nap.

My notes:  Not the most successful dinner out.  They were not on their best behavior and they didn’t eat much!

Snacks:  Morning snack was one Nutrigrain bar each.  In the afternoon, Ryan asked for a clementine and half a soft pretzel.  Aiden had a few bites of soft pretzel and about 10 mini m-n-ms.

Daily thoughts:  Grocery shopping in the morning.  Going to give some thought to better snack options and am going to buy a big tub of plain yogurt instead of lots of single-serve containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment