Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 5: Pizza again!


Breakfast

The meal:  Eggo Nutrigrain blueberry waffles with a drizzle of real maple syrup, bananas, dry cereal with a little milk

What they ate:
Big R ate one waffle, half a banana, and about ½ cup of dry cereal with milk (Life and Quaker Oatmeal Squares).

Little A ate ½ a waffle, about ¼ of a banana, and ¼ cup of dry cereal with a splash of milk.

My notes: Normally I’d offer yogurt too but we’re out…the snowstorm prevented me from getting out to the store!  Little A was asking for it and cried when I told him I didn’t have any.  Frozen waffles are not my first choice for breakfast, but I don’t mind putting them in the mix every once in a while.

Lunch

The meal:  Chicken noodle soup, leftover pizza, sliced apples

What they ate:
Big R ate a bowl of soup, one small slice of BBQ chicken pizza, and half a green apple.

Little A ate a few bites of soup, no pizza, and about ¼ of a green apple

Dinner

The meal:  Pizza (Again?! Yes…earlier in the week, I invited our neighbors over for pizza tonight, forgetting that we were also planning to go out for pizza last Friday night.  Oh well.)  Also green salad, milk, cookies.

What they ate:
Big R ate 2 pieces of homemade pepperoni pizza and a serving of salad, plus applesauce, 2 chocolate cookies for dessert and a cup of milk.

Little A ate ½ piece of cheese pizza, plus the cheese and sauce off another half-slice.  Also milk, a few bites of applesauce, and 1 ½ chocolate cookies.

Snacks:  Big R had a mini vanilla bean scone from Starbucks.  Little A ate a few bites of a scone.  Little A also had a Nutrigrain bar, and Big R had an Odwalla bar.

Daily thoughts:  Not a big food day for Little A.  I should note that in addition to the meals I list each day, he is also still drinking 16 oz. of milk per day- one cup first thing in the morning, and one cup right before bed.

I was pleased that Big R ate the soup.  Usually he’s not big on soup, but he picked this one out himself and promised he’d eat it.  It had carrots, peas, chicken, and alphabet noodles.  And too much sodium.  If he decides he likes soup enough to eat it more often, I’ll find a recipe and make my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment